We not only construct the pool of your dreams, but we want to leave you with instructions on how to keep you new pool safe and clean for years to come.
Twice A Week:
- Use AquaChek Test Strips or drop test kit like a Pentair HR78 test kit to check and maintain your pool chemicals. Keep your pH levels at 7.4 – 7.6.
- Test and maintain the free available chlorine level at 1.0 – 3.0 ppm (parts per million).
- Empty the skimmer baskets, clean tile or pool water at waterline with pool surface cleaner, and skim leaves, insects and other floating debris from the pool surface.
Once A Week:
- Shock the pool by adding one bag of shock per 10,000 gallons (do not use calcium hypochlorite). Additional shock may be needed after a rain storm, heavy bather load, or exceptionally hot weather.
- Add a maintenance dose of algae preventative or to prevent algae growth.
- Brush walls and use a pool vacuum to clean floors.
- Take a water sample to your professional water testing service, or use our test strips for a complete swimming pool chemicals analysis.
- Filters should be cleaned manually every 6 backwashes. After using a flock or metal remover, wait 24 to 36 hours. Then, use your pool vacuum to clean pool floor before swimming.
- On rainy or windy days, never test your pool water using AquaChek Test Strips or any other test kit.
Services don’t end with in-ground custom gunite construction; aftercare is handled in a professional manner. Please use the following articles to help you maintain the beauty of your Pool Concepts by Pete Ordaz Inc. swimming pool or spa.