Twice A Week:
- Use AquaChek Test Strips or drop test kit like a Pentair HR78 test kit to check and maintain your pool chemicals. Keep your pH levels at 7.4 – 7.6.
- Test and maintain the free available chlorine level at 1.0 – 3.0 ppm (parts per million).
- Empty the skimmer baskets, clean tile or pool water at the waterline with pool surface cleaner, and skim leaves, insects and other floating debris from the pool surface.
Once A Week:
- Shock the pool by adding one bag of shock per 10,000 gallons (do not use calcium hypochlorite). Additional shock may be needed after a rain storm, heavy bather load, or exceptionally hot weather.
- Add a maintenance dose of algae preventative or to prevent algae growth.
- Brush walls and use a pool vacuum to clean floors.
- Take a water sample to your professional water testing service, or use our test strips for a complete swimming pool chemicals analysis.
- Filters should be cleaned manually every 6 backwashes. After using a flock or metal remover, wait 24 to 36 hours. Then, use your pool vacuum to clean pool floor before swimming.
- On rainy or windy days, never test your pool water using AquaChek Test Strips or any other test kit.
Please refer to the following articles to assist you in maintaining the beauty of your Pool Concepts swimming pool and/or spa:
Pool Design & Construction
Choosing Pool Concepts as your builder is different because we put you, the client, first. We have a holistic approach to management, culture, and backyard design.
Renovations & Replastering
Modernizing a dated backyard design might include changing the pool’s shape, features, and materials, or it may be as simple as applying a new interior finish.
Pool Service & Repair
We have a service and warranty department dedicated solely to our Pool Concepts customers, helping to facilitate efficiency and timeliness of needed repairs and filter maintenance.
What Our Clients Are Saying
We could not have been more pleasantly surprised by the ease of the process. We have been singing your praises to everyone! Great Job! We have enjoyed the pool more than you know. Thank you for giving us a home paradise.
- Kevin & Christy B.
- Michael S.
- Cathy D.